Tracking Trex’s Transformation
This interview with Jim Cline, CEO, Trex Company, Inc. explores the transformational story of the company’s journey from near bankruptcy to a thriving organization through a focus on redesigning incentives, promoting constructive conflict, teamwork and developing the next generation of its leaders.
In this episode:
- How incentives can either drive or derail outcomes
- How solutions are derived through team effort and constructive conflict
- How leaders need to give emerging leaders room to fail and to learn from mistakes.
- Useful strategies for managing organizational change and transitions.
- Analyzing a course of action; how did Jim approach joining Trex and how did he plan a course of action.
- Factors that Jim identified before he joined Trex, and early during his employment, that allowed him to facilitate effective change.
- Communication, buy-in, and engagement – How Jim communicated the need for change, got buy-in from the employees, and created an engaged corporate culture.
- Market strategies, branding, communicating with distributors, vendors and customers, as well as an interesting international marketing strategy.
- Jim’s views on what makes a great leader, facilitating cross-department collaboration, and the importance of listening.
- What mystery novels, geometry and problem solving all have in common.
- Jim’s thoughts on the important qualities that a leader needs to possess, and how those qualities feed into organizational succession planning.
To learn more about Trex Company and its product families – http://www.trex.com/
Featured on The BIGCast Network. View the original article/podcast here.
Check out more podcasts from The BIGCast here:
Download this podcast from iTunes.